- To promote an appreciation for the art and science of amateur astronomy among the general public.
- To seek out those who have an interest in astronomy at any level and foster interest and appreciation for astronomy through informative presentations, demonstrations, and celestial observing events in public and private settings.
- To encourage the pursuit and enjoyment of astronomy and provide opportunities for the public to learn and improve skills related to amateur astronomy while promoting its splendors, wonders and beauty among the community at large.
- To educate the public on current astronomical issues and topics, presenting known facts of the science of astronomy as fact, proven by the scientific method, and presenting valid points of theories as such, distinguishing between fact and theory so the individual can formulate their own belief.
- To remain committed to the pursuit of observational astronomy and assist other educational or scientific organizations in promoting and furthering knowledge of the art and science of astronomy.